Authentic Japanese Panko bread crumbs (JBC) are versatile and used on a wide variety of products. Try it on...
- Chicken, beef and pork
- Fish and shrimp
- Crab cakes
- Cheese sticks
- Stuffed jalapenos
- Onion rings
- Zucchini and other vegetables
- Fried Ice cream
- Apple slices
- Pineapple slices
For best results –
- Dust the food or vegetable in DRY Upper Crust Tempura Batter mix and shake off excess.
- Dip in prepared Tempura Batter made with water or other liquid such as beer, club soda, etc.
- Generously roll in Upper Crust Enterprises Panko breadcrumbs. The coated product can be pre-staged and prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
- Deep fry in hot oil - 350° until done.
For a lighter, healthier flavor, bake the coated product in a 350° oven. When baking drizzle a small amount of oil on top prior to baking, this will provide a golden brown color to the baked Panko.
For more Japanese and American recipe ideas, visit our Panko and Tempura Recipe Suggestions.